Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Caffeine Dreams

Hello Friends,
I seem to be on a coffee shop kick this week.  Don't worry - I'll be venturing out in a different direction this weekend.  (For a hint about my next blog, see the "Upcoming Events and Activities" list in the right-hand column.)  But I got to catch up with an old friend from college at Caffeine Dreams (4524 Farnam) on Monday, and it was so great that I had to take some photos and tell you about it.


Just inside the door, you'll see the front counter and a menu featuring traditional coffee shop fare and some special drinks like the Pipe Dream or the Day Dreamer.  If I hadn't already ordered a chai latte, I probably would have blown my diet for the day on the latter.  Ghirardelli chocolate, caramel, and praline - umm, yes please!  But my only complaint with the chai was how quickly it disappeared from my cup.  The prices were reasonable.  I paid $3.05 for 16 ounces, including tax.  Other drinks ranged from $1.50 to $4.00, and they have sandwiches and smoothies as well.

I read the newspaper at a counter facing the front window while I waited for my friend.  Then we took our cups and headed through the doorway to the side/back of the shop.  We stepped from the bright entryway into a pleasantly darker room with two levels of seating.  Even at 2:30 on a Monday, most of the tables and couches were occupied, but we found a table next to this fun machine.

We didn't play any games on this visit, but it wasn't for a lack of options...
 

I noticed that the artwork on the wall next to our table had artist and pricing information on it.  I talked to the manager and learned that all of the art in the shop is by local artists.  The store does not take a commission for displaying the pieces, so if you see something you like, you can buy it knowing the artist will get 100% of the proceeds.  
I also learned from the manager that Caffeine Dreams roasts their own beans in house.  And they have live music by local bands and some visiting groups.  And they have free wi-fi access.

And if you need one more reason to visit - they have an ample parking lot directly across the street that's for Caffeine Dreams customers only.  (This Tourist hates parallel parking, so this is a great incentive for me.)

If you visit, have a nice, hot beverage for me.  I'll need the warmth for my next adventure!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds and looks like a great place to visit! Nice pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete