Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome

Hello Friends,
I'd like to welcome everyone who's recently discovered The Hometown Tourist via the website and/or the Facebook page.  I just began this journey of re-discovering my hometown a few months ago, and I've already encountered some wonderful surprises.  It's an honor to share those finds with you.  It's also wonderful to see a community of people who are looking for the best around them, and I love it when you share your ideas for great places to go and things to see.

I hope you'll feel free to interact with the Hometown Tourist by leaving comments on the blog page or on the wall on Facebook.  You are welcome to share your own favorite "tourist stops" for others to enjoy or add your thoughts about places I feature.  The wall is open for posting photos, too.  So if you have pictures of your favorite place, please share them!  (I think this goes without saying - but please make sure photos and comments are appropriate for all ages.) 

It's been a little while since my last post, but I want to make sure I'm bringing you the best of what I find.  Look for a couple of stories coming up this week.  I found a fantastic bakery where they grind their own flour from whole wheat every morning, with delicious results.  I'm also enjoying this spring weather with a couple of hikes.  Not a whole lot of green in those photos yet, but the blue skies and warmer temps are worth celebrating.  (If only I could capture the sound of the wind with my camera...) 

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment